Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestions on wiring Jandy products

1. Back To Top    #1

Detroit, Mi

Suggestions on wiring Jandy products

So, I began the process of putting my equipment in, kinda. I started reading and putting products in, filter and pump are in but I'm stumped at the SWCG. I called the pool store and they gave me a bunch of **** on how I'm over doing it. I asked them to confirm with Jandy and they said they would not talk with me because I was not a license electrician.

Basically, the pool company is saying that I only need a flow sensor to power on the SWCG, it doesn't need a signal like the manual states. The manual states the flow sensor is a backup or secondary device. Then they told me I could wire up against the 485 wire from the pump controller. From the best that I can tell, these two products are not compatible and I need to change stuff around. Anyone install these devices and have them working together?
    Just getting started and learning a lot...

Pacific Pool Laremont 20' x 40' approximately 28,000 Gallons
    Installed our own liner from InTheSwim, 270 measurements or so.

Equipment: ( not sponsored by Jandy, we tried to avoid compatibility issues by buying from same vendor... stop laughing!)
    Jandy Pro Series VS FloPro 2HP Variable-Speed Pool Pump
    Jandy 1.5Hp for backup
    Jandy SFTM Top Mount 83GPM Sand Filter with ZeoBest Sand Alternative
    Jandy AquaPure 1400 Salt Water Chlorinator
    Jandy LXi250NN Heater
    Jandy iAquaLink control system

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Suggestions on wiring Jandy products

A lot of swg's are wired relying on the flow sensor to shut them down, but that doesn't make it right. I never liked relying on those flow switches to stop the swg from generating.

If you're using Jandy automation it will stop power to the swg when the pump isn't running.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit