How long does it take Borax to dissolve

ajackson

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
Central Ohio
I just dumped 7600 gallons of my water because my CYA and CH were out of control
water delivery is in the morning.

Here is my question. before we decided to dump the water my ph was hanging right around 6.8 water was almost clear.. Other numbers were posted on another thread. I basically just wanted to know if this is normal
I put borax in a five gallon bucket of water and stirred. then waited and stired somemore.. dump part of it in the pool but noticed it was not disolved (this was like 40 mins later) then I added more water to the bucket and stirred and waited about 40 more mins.. Borax was not completly disolved..
When I poured it in the pool the whole pool turned Milk colored. that was 2 days ago and it is still white.
I am not putting anything else in it until the water comes tommorow but
Is that normal for borax to completly cloud the water.. I had the filter running for over 48 hours and it made No difference.

I just was wondering because I am anticipating that I will have to put more borax in tomorrow night after the water delivery. (hopefully not)

Perhaps it's the high CH that remains in the water. No it is not normal for borax to cloud up a pool. Upon my pool install, I added over 5+ boxes to raise my borate level and it was disolved within the hour.

Thank you. That is good to know. Obviously there are several other problems going on. I was just concerned because after spending hundreds and hundreds of $$ this season beacuse
"pool store" recommended the stuff I have had a slightly cloudy pool all summer.
I am trying to assure the family that this time (switching to bbb) we will have a clean pool. They are frustrated with it to.
Thanks again

Yes that is the right stuff. I just pour it directly into the pool as I walk around the perimeter. Brush and it dissolves quickly. No need to dissolve in water beforehand. If you can post your test numbers we can help get it clear.

Txmat said:
Yes that is the right stuff. I just pour it directly into the pool as I walk around the perimeter. Brush and it dissolves quickly. No need to dissolve in water beforehand. If you can post your test numbers we can help get it clear.

Yep. I posted them on another thread.. hhmmm thinking maybe I should just leave all my questions on one thread.. New questions just seem to be popping into my head. BTW I am in the shock process now since I got my water refilled today..
You all are great
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.