Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Refinishing / Retiling cost?

1. Back To Top    #1

Refinishing / Retiling cost?

Hi everyone

Newbie here, and first let me say thank you to all for the great information on this site. I have been able to fire my pool guy after a few months of sifting around, awesome!

My pools finish and tile are looking pretty close to their end of life. I have calcium deposits and various stages of fading paint (Was a dark blue color at some point) and some of the tile is missing grout, scratched, faded, etc.

The pool is about 20x40 and I'm told around 20,000 gallons with a deep end. It is a random shape (We call it homer simpson; shaped like his head)

Can anyone estimate what refinishing/retiling a pool of this size might cost? Assuming nothing very fancy, just normal/standard finish appropriate for a ~$300-400k house in southern california.

Thank you!
    18k gal IG pebble tech, 60ft DE filter, 1.5hp Intelliflo VSD, 1.5hp Whisperflow, 2hp Whisperflow, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, EZ Touch 8, 2hp silencer blower, Mastertemp 400 heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Refinishing / Retiling cost?

Similar pool with new tile and pebbleshean was ~$10k ... plaster should be at least a few thousand less. Unless there is a mark-up for your So Cal location.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!