How to install a Multiport Valve to Pool system

mrpuff

Aug 5, 2012
I have an old Anthony Filter which operates fine. It used to have a pull valve which was removed from a previous pool cleaner. I'm not sure why and now there is no way to backwash the de filter.

I've seen how some modern de filters come with a multiport valve. I know that some replacement vavles are made with the plumbing to fit the model filter they go to. I've also seen that they sell replacement multiport vavles without the plumbing, which I'm guessing is to adapt a valve to your own personal filter system.

The main question is can I purchase the multiport with plumbing and cut the plumbing to adapt to my current system?

The main reason for going with this valve rather than the one without plumbing is cost. From what I've seen its about a $100 difference.

Also, is adding a multiport valve something I should not attempt to do with my current system?

Thanks for your help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.