Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: D.E. coming out from pool returns

1. Back To Top    #1

D.E. coming out from pool returns

Hello friends,

I just replaced the seal and the big oring on the pentairl 4000 series valve. I am experiencing some d.e discharge from the pool returns when I first start the pump. The d.e. discharge stops after a few seconds of operations. Please help me with the problem. Manifold no cracks and filter no rips. I can double check and take it to have inspected by a trained individual?

Please advice,
    George
    22k plaster pool kidney shape. Pentair 4000 de series 48 ft. 2 SKIMMERS, 2 drains (pool and spa), 3 returns (2 pool and 1 spa) gas heater and pentair intelliflow , Underwater pentair light.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: D.E. coming out from pool returns

Hello friends,

I am still having a little water coming out of the backwash valve and d.e. from the returns. Could it be that I need a new backwash valve? or perhaps I installed the seal on the valve wrong? I would hate to purchase a new valve if I do not need to.

Please advice,
    22k plaster pool kidney shape. Pentair 4000 de series 48 ft. 2 SKIMMERS, 2 drains (pool and spa), 3 returns (2 pool and 1 spa) gas heater and pentair intelliflow , Underwater pentair light.

3. Back To Top    #3

Try moving the valve back and forth a few times, with the pump off, of course. You could have some debris down in there preventing it from fully closing.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    Try moving the valve back and forth a few times, with the pump off, of course. You could have some debris down in there preventing it from fully closing.
    Will do that. I must say that when I took out the valve, I cleaned it very well by placing in a bucket and slowly removed all of the old lube. When I placed it back in to position, plenty of lube and care when it to the installation. if the problem with the d.e. continues, I will take it out the valve again and check for proper seal installation.

Thanks for the advice and will keep you posted!
    George from nearby Claremont