rust prevention for a intex metal frame pool

This is an issue that I am dealing with right now, I have some ultra metal bars that are rusted through near where the plastic locking button is at.
when I put up my new pool next summer. I am going to get some clear bathroom caulk and caulk the seems of the pipe and where where the locking button is at. Anything to keep the water from getting into the piping and sitting there to create rust.

It's funny half my frame is perfect while some of the pieces are rusted through.

The Intex pool is not made to last forever. You could just touch up the rust spots with paint after a couple of years. My smaller Intex went two years with no rust. I think that bathroom caulk may just make a mess and capture water and make it worse. If you keep your eye out for rust you should be able to keep it in check with a small bottle of paint or even white nail polish.

After reading several posts and looking inside the T-Joint I'm motivated to spray all the new frame parts - especially with an SWG filter. It's very easy to pop out the plastic spring loaded pins so your just dealing with metal. I got some silver Rust-oleum Cold Galvanizing Compound spray that boasts "superior corrosion resistance." But I'm not going to lightly sand the new glosssy surface. I'm hoping this will just be another protective layer.

Did anyone on this thread or anyone else have any more thoughts on this. I'd definitely like to hear from anyone who preemptively sprayed and found it to be beneficial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.