tips to install a beaded liner in above ground pool

D

DEP1977

I am going to be installing a beaded above ground pool liner tomorrow and wondered if anyone could give me some tips on installing? I have added a beaded receiver to my pool wall and have reinstalled the top rails. Is it better to get in the pool than to try and lean over the side and stand on your head to snap it in the bead receiver?
Also it seems as though it is going to be very tight to snap it in the bead.
Our weather tomorrow is mostly cloudy but hot with a high around 92. Is it necessary to have sun if it is that hot?
Any tips what so ever with people that have done it before would be most helpful
Thank You

Install a beaded liner on a 90 degree cloudy day?

[Merged topics - Please keep similar posts together, Thanks - jblizzle]

Is it critical to have sun when installing a beaded liner? It is suppose to be mostly cloudy and 92 degrees.

As long as it's good and warm, you'll be fine. It's the heat that softens the liner so it's more pliable.

I'd stay out of the pool and snap the liner in if I could. That prevents footprints in the bottom. If you can't, or it's just a lot easier to get in, then by all means, do it.
Once you get the liner snapped in I'd use a shop vac to set the liner. That makes it easy to get it set correctly and get all the wrinkles out. That way you can undo and reset it if you need to without losing a single drop of water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.