Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: question about how to add borax in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Staten Island, NY

question about how to add borax in pool

I've been mixing with it water and slowly pouring it at the return. Can it be put undiluted in the skimmer?
    Morada RTR Supreme AG Pool, Oval 12'x17'x54" 5,400 gallons, Pentair CC75 Cartridge Filter w/1 HP Pump, installed 6/22/12, TF-100, BBB

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: question about how to add borax in pool

4. WITH YOUR PUMP RUNNING add 1/2 the required acid to your pool. You can pour it SLOWLY into the stream of one of your returns or dilute about 1/2 gal at a time in a 5 gal bucket of pool water and broadcast it around the pool. As soon as the acid is in put in 1/2 the borax. Just dump it in the water or pour it in your skimmer.

5. Brush down the sides of your pool all the way around. This will create currents that mix everything. You are 'stirring' your pool water by doing this. This is a good procedure to follow when you add any chemicals to your water and want to mix them. Anyway, none of us really brush our pools enough, do we?
    But from Pool School: pool-school/recommended_pool_chemicals

Borax is available as 20 Mule TeamŽ Borax Natural Laundry Booster. It is sold in the laundry detergent section of most larger grocery stores and some big box stores. Borax is best added by pre-dissolving it in a bucket of water and then pouring that slowly in front of a return.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sault Ontario

Re: question about how to add borax in pool

I add mine slowly undiluted to the skimmer.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list