Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: OH MY! Where did my water go?? LOL

1. Back To Top    #1

OH MY! Where did my water go?? LOL

I am washing dishes and looking out the window at my pool. I had drained some water out this morning before heading out to work as I knew we would be getting some rain today. I KNEW I had closed the valve but................

As I looked out the window I could see the bottom of the skimmer! OH NO! Where is my water? Did it all drain out? I ran out and took a close up look. Oh silly me! I have a BBB/Trouble Free Pool! It was SO clear and smooth it looked like there was no water! It was all there where it should be!

THANKS!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: OH MY! Where did my water go?? LOL

I have had that happen to me twice:
    1. The hayward filter cracked and drained the pool
    2. The backwash valve stuck and half drained the pool

Slightly different emotions in my cases
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle

1. The hayward filter cracked and drained the pool
    With my incredibly high water table, the thought of this right here scares the begeezus outta me!

Jose
    17x34' 13400gal freeform gunite IG pool, DB Tahoe Blue, cartridge filter, Rainbow 320, ClearO3 ozonator, 1.5HP 2sp Whisperflow, Intellibrite 5G Color LED, pavers, screened enclosure, Liquidator, 6x Fafco SunSavers, SolarTouch

4. Back To Top    #4

It was quite bizarre ... less than 5 years old, less than half the day in the sun, as I recall pressure was less than 30psi (high due to solar and floor popups). Hayward sent me new housing (both top and bottom) with no hassle.

Not exactly sure how we did not notice the water in the back yard until after the pool was empty
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    It was quite bizarre ... less than 5 years old, less than half the day in the sun, as I recall pressure was less than 30psi (high due to solar and floor popups). Hayward sent me new housing (both top and bottom) with no hassle.

Not exactly sure how we did not notice the water in the back yard until after the pool was empty
    Glad they took care of replacing the parts, but who would be responsible for a floated shell in that situation? I wonder if Hayward or Pentair would step up if it was determined that their part failed, or if lawyers would need to be involved? Thanks Jason, with all the rain we've been getting down here in central FL, now I won't be able to sleep tonight... :P

Jose
    17x34' 13400gal freeform gunite IG pool, DB Tahoe Blue, cartridge filter, Rainbow 320, ClearO3 ozonator, 1.5HP 2sp Whisperflow, Intellibrite 5G Color LED, pavers, screened enclosure, Liquidator, 6x Fafco SunSavers, SolarTouch