Need advice on a quote for a new pool in Houston, TX

Hello everybody,

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but we are getting closer to building our new house and our pool, and I just got a first quote from one of the pool builders we interviewed. I'd appreciate any comments, remarks or advice about the price, shape, and overall quote :)
(the house will look much better than what they drew... and I don't like the concrete deck they chose, I'm thinking limestone or travertine, with a bit of grass in between rectangular pavers as we get closer to the house)
[attachment=0:22rlmq9x]Serenity pools quote 2.pdf[/attachment:22rlmq9x]
Thanks everybody!

FrenchieInTexas said:
Hello everybody,

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but we are getting closer to building our new house and our pool, and I just got a first quote from one of the pool builders we interviewed. I'd appreciate any comments, remarks or advice about the price, shape, and overall quote :)
(the house will look much better than what they drew... and I don't like the concrete deck they chose, I'm thinking limestone or travertine, with a bit of grass in between rectangular pavers as we get closer to the house)
[attachment=0:38wlfkzd]Serenity pools quote 2.pdf[/attachment:38wlfkzd]
Thanks everybody!
Did you get any more quotes? How did they compare?

For the decking, keep in mind if you have grass between pavers that will be a maintenance item. As an alternate to the brushed concrete, depending on budget you also might want to consider a concrete deck with Sundek acrylic coating (or similar product) which can be textured or have the stamped concrete look in a variety of colors. It's much cooler than bare or stained concrete and the textured finish makes it slip resistant when wet.

Here's a picture of our deck.
P1070042.jpg

Here's a closeup of the texture.
P1070048.jpg

Link: http://sundek.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150&Itemid=69

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.