Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need advice on a quote for a new pool in Houston, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Need advice on a quote for a new pool in Houston, TX

Hello everybody,

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but we are getting closer to building our new house and our pool, and I just got a first quote from one of the pool builders we interviewed. I'd appreciate any comments, remarks or advice about the price, shape, and overall quote
    (the house will look much better than what they drew... and I don't like the concrete deck they chose, I'm thinking limestone or travertine, with a bit of grass in between rectangular pavers as we get closer to the house)
    [attachment=0:22rlmq9x]Serenity pools quote 2.pdf[/attachment:22rlmq9x]
    Thanks everybody!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need advice on a quote for a new pool in Houston, TX

That is priced quite high.

I would be surprised if you couldn't get that pool built for around 30k
    Pool is DONE!
    Pentair Intelliflo VS3050
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 + actuators + swg
    Pentair IntelliPH
    Pentair 400btu HD heater
    3- Jandy WaterColor LED's
    Hayward C5030 525sqft cartridge filter
    Waterway spa blower

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieInTexas
    Hello everybody,

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but we are getting closer to building our new house and our pool, and I just got a first quote from one of the pool builders we interviewed. I'd appreciate any comments, remarks or advice about the price, shape, and overall quote
    (the house will look much better than what they drew... and I don't like the concrete deck they chose, I'm thinking limestone or travertine, with a bit of grass in between rectangular pavers as we get closer to the house)
    [attachment=0:38wlfkzd]Serenity pools quote 2.pdf[/attachment:38wlfkzd]
    Thanks everybody!
    Did you get any more quotes? How did they compare?

For the decking, keep in mind if you have grass between pavers that will be a maintenance item. As an alternate to the brushed concrete, depending on budget you also might want to consider a concrete deck with Sundek acrylic coating (or similar product) which can be textured or have the stamped concrete look in a variety of colors. It's much cooler than bare or stained concrete and the textured finish makes it slip resistant when wet.

Here's a picture of our deck.

Here's a closeup of the texture.

Link: http://sundek.com/index.php?option=c...=150&Itemid=69
    20K gal, inground with attached spa, pebblefina plaster (bella blue), flagstone coping, moss rock waterfall, Sundek - Indian wheat, (2) Jandy PHPM2.0 (filter pump and waterfall), Jandy DEV60 DE filter, Polaris 280 pool cleaner, Polaris Halcyon PB4-60Q booster pump, Polaris 1.5 HP Air Blower, (2) Jandy WaterColors LED lights, Jandy LXI400P Heater, Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 SWG, Jandy AquaLink RS PureLink Controller and PDA.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for your input. Were waiting on another quote which should be lower... I'll let you know

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchieInTexas
    Thanks for your input. Were waiting on another quote which should be lower... I'll let you know
    Did you receive the new quote yet?
    20K gal, inground with attached spa, pebblefina plaster (bella blue), flagstone coping, moss rock waterfall, Sundek - Indian wheat, (2) Jandy PHPM2.0 (filter pump and waterfall), Jandy DEV60 DE filter, Polaris 280 pool cleaner, Polaris Halcyon PB4-60Q booster pump, Polaris 1.5 HP Air Blower, (2) Jandy WaterColors LED lights, Jandy LXI400P Heater, Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 SWG, Jandy AquaLink RS PureLink Controller and PDA.

6. Back To Top    #6

nop not yet. Meeting with our architect tomorrow. Hopefully he heard from the pool guy

7. Back To Top    #7

Update?

8. Back To Top    #8

not yet... The second pool guy had to miss our latest meeting, but he was telling em his quote would be around40 000-44 000!!!