Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this a temp sensor?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is this a temp sensor?

Hi!

This device is strapped into the pipe that outflows from my pool pump and has two purple discs that are crumbling. I will call these resistors until someone corrects me

I was going to replace it based on the crumbling although the water temp seems to be correct when checked against a thermometer.

Bob
    Thanks As Always!
    Bob

23,000 gal in-ground, Aquarite salt sys, Intellitouch i7 +3, Hayward cartridge filter (4) C-5025, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner, 3/4 HP booster pump, Hydrazzo plaster.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is this a temp sensor?

Yes that is a water temp sensor.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes I agree with Jbizzle that is a temp sensor..In regards to the purple discs that are crumbling those look like UY connectors to me for connecting wires together.
    POOL SIZE: 27 FT round 52" Deep on edges 66" Deep in center
    FILTER TYPE: Hayward Sand Filter
    PUMP SIZE: Hayward 1 HP Pump 60GPM
    FILTER SIZE/FLOW RATE: Unknown
    HEATER: None at the moment but in process of making my solar panels should be operational by next season!

4. Back To Top    #4

OK - so I'll replace those by the wet season then.

Thanks
    Thanks As Always!
    Bob

23,000 gal in-ground, Aquarite salt sys, Intellitouch i7 +3, Hayward cartridge filter (4) C-5025, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner, 3/4 HP booster pump, Hydrazzo plaster.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yup, sorry I overlooked the wire crimps that are crumbling ... easy enough to cut off and replace
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman
    OK - so I'll replace those by the wet season then.

Thanks
    They were probably put in when the original temp sensor failed, and for, whatever reason, the repairman didn't want to run a new wire. If the sensor needs to be replaced again, buy one with a long enough wire to get to wherever it has to go (as the splice connectors age, they add resistance, which affects the accuracy of the sensor).
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

7. Back To Top    #7

Fantastic!
    It had been replaced at one time (this tells the solar to come on as well correct?)

That was a sweet piece of information!

Thanks!

All u guyz!
    Thanks As Always!
    Bob