How Does My Timer Work?

May 17, 2012
Central Georgia
I have a Timex timer on my pool that came with the house. It is old school, meaning that it has the rotating dial with push down tabs, like that of some Christmas tree timers I've seen. I can't find a model number on it anywhere, and can't find a users manual for it.

I'm assuming that pushing down on the tabs for the times that you want the pump off is the proper configuration, but how exactly do I set the timer for the local time? The inner dial spins but when I move it to the correct time, it just stays there and never moves.

Anyone have the same model that can tell me how to work this thing? Right now, I just shut the pump off during the day while I'm at work and turn it on when I get home.

Attachments

• timer.JPG
    timer.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 87
My timer (different brand) has a dial that you pull out towards you to allow the time to be set. Maybe you have to pull or push the dial on yours after setting the time.

Pointyhead said:
I'm assuming that pushing down on the tabs for the times that you want the pump off is the proper configuration, but how exactly do I set the timer for the local time? The inner dial spins but when I move it to the correct time, it just stays there and never moves.

I think I found the correct instructions. Note that your tabs operate backwards from how you thought - at least that is how I read this.

I agree with another user who said that if it isn't turning and keeping time it's probably dead.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/adspecs/AS11-3148-125.pdf

UnderWaterVanya said:
I think I found the correct instructions. Note that your tabs operate backwards from how you thought - at least that is how I read this.

I agree with another user who said that if it isn't turning and keeping time it's probably dead.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/adspecs/AS11-3148-125.pdf

Yep, that looks like the one I have. Thanks! :goodjob: It's making "clock noises", in that, it sounds like a motor is running in it. It could be that the dial is loose on the front. I'll check this evening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.