Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot Troublshooting

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot Troublshooting

Does anyone know where I can find a schematic or troubleshooting info for the power control board for an Autopilot 75003 digital control? I have a total control system that does not pass the power on self test. It begins the POST and then displays Fail 5V. All the fuses test out good. I'm sure this would be a simple fix if I can find a schematic for the board.
    Thanks
    Bob
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :
    22k Gal gunite IGP, 38 SF Anthony DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    380k BTU Raypak Natural Gas Heater (Model RP405A) and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator w/ 12% bleach, Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage robotic cleaner. 3800 ppm salt, 50 ppm borates.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot Troublshooting

Welcome to TFP!

Auto Pilot does not publish schematics, nor have I heard of any other source for finding them. Unless you can see something obviously burned/melted, or otherwise narrow down the cause of the problem, you usually need to replace the entire power supply board.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Autopilot Troublshooting

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Welcome to TFP!

Auto Pilot does not publish schematics, nor have I heard of any other source for finding them. Unless you can see something obviously burned/melted, or otherwise narrow down the cause of the problem, you usually need to replace the entire power supply board.
    Thanks for the welcome!

I was afraid that would be the answer. The cheapest replacement board I can find is over $900 for a rebuilt board. I believe that I will just replace the Total Control with a CircuPool and forget about all the fancy "extras" the TC does. The price would be about the same as buying a replacement board, and I have had lots of problems with this TC anyway (after the warranty expired of course!).
    Bob
    This is my ticket for Heaven (when all's working..) :
    22k Gal gunite IGP, 38 SF Anthony DE filter, 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    380k BTU Raypak Natural Gas Heater (Model RP405A) and solar cover
    8 gal Liquidator w/ 12% bleach, Dolphin Diagnostic Advantage robotic cleaner. 3800 ppm salt, 50 ppm borates.