I dont even know where to begin

I understand the problem with time. I disagree a little bit with Leebo. IF your pool was already a swamp then I would agree just wait until you change the water, but it will be easier and cheaper in the long run if you can keep the pool close to clear until you change the water. So, what I would suggest is that you consider raising it to shock level this evening and keeping it there until bedtime. Checking the FC level as often as every 30 min and raising it back to 35. Then doing the same thing in the morning before you leave and repeat until the weekend. Of course the sooner you can change out that water the easier it will be to get the pool clear and keep it. We just want to try to avoid it going green on you while you are at work.

Leebo said:
Where about's in Ohio are you?? Located in Steubenville myself. :D

I promise you...once you find somebody to truck in the water, you'll never turn back! Well water here too, and I cringe the thought of adding it to the pool now. Changing out the water to lower your CYA level will be a HUGE help to you. The extra cash you spend on water will quickly be repaid by the saving's in pool chemicals. I wouldn't even mess that much with trying to shock until you are able to get your CYA level under control. No need cleaning water just to dump it.

We are in marion which is about 40 mins northwest of columbus. I dont mind the well for house because of the softner. But i hate it when we have to add to the pool.
I just tot say this board is awsome.. everyone is so helpful.
Hopefylly i can find someone to bring water this weekend so we can start heating it back up.

Txmat said:
I understand the problem with time. I disagree a little bit with Leebo. IF your pool was already a swamp then I would agree just wait until you change the water, but it will be easier and cheaper in the long run if you can keep the pool close to clear until you change the water. So, what I would suggest is that you consider raising it to shock level this evening and keeping it there until bedtime. Checking the FC level as often as every 30 min and raising it back to 35. Then doing the same thing in the morning before you leave and repeat until the weekend. Of course the sooner you can change out that water the easier it will be to get the pool clear and keep it. We just want to try to avoid it going green on you while you are at work.

Yes, I am going to continue to keep it as high as I can while I am at home.. I dont want to deal with a Green swamp.. I had enough of that in the Spring..
Good news... I found someone to deliver water.. So I am just waiting for a call back as to when they can come. I am waiting to drain until that day because of the liner.

You Guys are GREAT...

Someone asked about the magical overwinter cya-reducing bacteria.
I have the special recipe ;)

Place 16 wheelbarrows full of leaves into pool. Breed about 10,000 tadpoles. Add a few random objects. Caterpillars. Worms. Woodchips. Cell phone batteries. Be creative!
Allow to steep, without winter cover, for 1.5 years while Freddie Mac gets its act together.
Then cover pool with safety cover to make it look like it's not a swamp and has been properly winterized for unsuspecting buyers.
Uncover the next spring, and VOILA, you have enough sulfur and ammonia to simulate heck but 0 ppm of CYA ;)

Ya sure ya still want some? Hi ho!

Swampwoman said:
Someone asked about the magical overwinter cya-reducing bacteria.
I have the special recipe ;)

Place 16 wheelbarrows full of leaves into pool. Breed about 10,000 tadpoles. Add a few random objects. Caterpillars. Worms. Woodchips. Cell phone batteries. Be creative!
Allow to steep, without winter cover, for 1.5 years while Freddie Mac gets its act together.
Then cover pool with safety cover to make it look like it's not a swamp and has been properly winterized for unsuspecting buyers.
Uncover the next spring, and VOILA, you have enough sulfur and ammonia to simulate **** but 0 ppm of CYA ;)

Ya sure ya still want some? Hi ho!

LOL... Thanks but no thanks.. I have enough problems with the breeding tadpoles on the top of my cover in the springtime...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.