Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Qik Joe CaCl Flake Ice Melter at Ace Hardware?

1. Back To Top    #1

Qik Joe CaCl Flake Ice Melter at Ace Hardware?

Looks like my 25K gal pool has only 110 CH - probably because the water we're topping it up with is more like 80 CH. Pool Calculator says to add 32# CaCl to bring it up to 250 CH. I plan to add about 8# at a crack and test to make sure I've got it right.

Supposedly AceHardware.com sells a 50# sack of Qik Joe flakes for $22.99 with free shipping to a local store. Have any of you guys successfully used this stuff? Ordered from Ace?

Thanks for your help!

PS just for reference, other values are FC = TC = 4.5, PH = 7.6, TA = 90, CYA = 50.
    25000 gal inground curved L shape - concrete, fiberglass walls - with Jacuzzi Sherlock 160 cartridge filter, Laars Lite LLG gas heater & Klean-a-tron robot
    near the pool: Cookshack Smokette, Akorn Kamado grill, putting green
    in the shed: Deere greens mower, Simplicity FC-16 front cut mower

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Qik Joe CaCl Flake Ice Melter at Ace Hardware?

There was a thread a little while ago about that calcium and IIRC it was fine to use.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Qik Joe CaCl Flake Ice Melter at Ace Hardware?

Thanks, found that thread from this July. Don't think it said whether or not anyone had actually received the product. I'll also try calling TSC.
    25000 gal inground curved L shape - concrete, fiberglass walls - with Jacuzzi Sherlock 160 cartridge filter, Laars Lite LLG gas heater & Klean-a-tron robot
    near the pool: Cookshack Smokette, Akorn Kamado grill, putting green
    in the shed: Deere greens mower, Simplicity FC-16 front cut mower