free chlorine

Have you looked at this pool school article?:http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/temporary_pool_guide

Your TA, ph and CH look fine.

Your cya is low, so either use the method in the above linked article or add the stabalizer directly as mentioned in a previous post.

You FC is low, according to poolcalculator.com and 0 cya, you normal FC level should be 1-3 ppm.

How does your water look?

Get the stabilizer up to at least 30ppm to start.

Pick up some borax or soda ash as the CYA may drop the pH some.

And definitely get some chlorine in the pool.

Likely since the FC was basically zero, you should start the shock process.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ok cya is in and pump going but i have a few questions.
1. will it hurt anything for some of the granules to lay on the bottom till they dissolve
2. how long should i wait till i test my cya
3. when do i need to add my chlorine and how high do i need to get it to start shock
thanks

It is not good to leave the CYA on the liner. Can you vacuum it up? I guess you did not read the recommended pool chemicals article in Pool School that tells you how to add the stabilizer.

You should wait a week to test the CYA, but assume it is active to the amount you were sitting for when determining your shock level.

You can find the shock value in the CYA/FC chart in Pool School.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

started the shock process this morning about 10 got my FC to 25ppm by 12 noon ill check it again when i get in tonight at prolly 1130 . my question is when do i need to add my salt for my swg do i need to let my FC drop to a certian level or can i add it anytime

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.