solar pool cover and spool

filix

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2010
maine
I need a new solar pool cover and spool. The cover is a blue one and it lasted me 3 years.I didn't buy it. It came with the pool. So I don't know how thick it was. The wheels on the spool that you real it in with, have cracked and broke for uv rays. I don't know if the wheels can be replaced. They look like they could pull out of the tube. I did research on colors and I think this time I will get a clear one? I read they let in more light. I am a TFP supporter. I would like a little help pointing me in the right direction on Which one I should get. And where. I know Amazon should have some good prices. But maybe the pool supplys stores that give TFP supporters here a good deal, could do better. Any help would be very much apreciated. Filix.

From personal experience, I can safely say to cheap out on this one... don't blow a ton of cash on a thicker blanket. My 16 mil disintegrated after 2 years and the so called warranty is really just a fancy way to get you to buy a new cover from the same seller (because they don't replace, they prorate). So, I am in season 3 with my el cheapo blue cover that is super thin and light and easy to roll up. I didn't even cover it this past winter (big oops) and I had covered the expensive every winter!

I purchased some 8 inch casters so that I could wheel my cover over the diving board in the deep end. They have pneumatic wheels and were dirt cheap from harbor freight, I bought 2 with brakes and two w/o. I am on my 3rd year with them, no rusting, no problems.

Not sure if it is the cheapest place, but I got mine at www.solarcovers.com

Agree with J20832 the most you will get out of the covers is 2 maybe with some luck 3 years. The diamond pattern solar covers will trap a lot of water when you roll them up and most reel manufactures will void there warranty if you use them. They are also the most expensive and don’t last any longer. The clear seem to produce the most heat.

Thanks for the help. I can't seem to find a clear 16x32 solar cover that is not 16mil. The blue ones are a dime a dozen. Clear ones are harder to make? That doesn't make sence. I have a aquareel by cantar. The whole thing is in pretty good shape except for the crank wheels and they are 45.00 a piece. I think my cantar spool is a middle of the road one. I'm trying to figure out if I should just but a whole new spool. filix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.