Opinions on this peristaltic pump

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
I'm considering installing a peristaltic pump in place of the liquidator and came across this listing on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180942684633?ss ... 1423.l2649. I checked the mfg's site and the pump is the size I need. it's also an expensive pump - new ones sell for about $450.00. Anyone have any opinions or experience with this pump?

I'm a little nervous about buying a used pump off ebay and have no experience with this brand.

You can get a brand new stenner pump for less the $300...I've had mine for a few months so far and have has no problems...took me a week or so to dial it in where I wanted my FC level and since then has been fine...fill my 15gal drum occassionally and all is good :)

roadking00 said:
You can get a brand new stenner pump for less the $300...I've had mine for a few months so far and have has no problems...took me a week or so to dial it in where I wanted my FC level and since then has been fine...fill my 15gal drum occassionally and all is good :)

Do you know what your feed rate is and is it adjustable? I think I would need something in the range of 3 - 6 ml/min using 10.5% chlorine.

That Chem-Tech pump is made by Pulsafeeder and is a good pump. About the only thing you may have to replace is the roller assembly and tube. I'd plan on replacing the tube at any rate. It uses a #2 tube and is a high pressure model. It's rated at 80 psi.

If you buy the pump on Ebay you'll have to have a suction strainer/weight and the injection fitting.

A New Stenner pump isnt much more then that. In the future parts will be easier or the Stenner.

When I bought mine I bought an adjustable rate, if I were doing it again I'd buy the fixed rate. It is much louder when running at lower speeds. It is very quite at full speed. I have it on its own timer and it runs 3 times each day for 15 minutes each at full speed. Every two weeks I add bleach to my 15 gallon tank.

Yes mine is the adjustable, here is the specs at this site where I purchased it from http://www.lockewell.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6_19_23&products_id=128

As Texasdad said, when you dial it down to any setting less then 6-8 (dial is 0-10) you can hear the clicking of the pump a little more pronounced, but not too bad....mine is in a separate enclosed pump house so as far as hearing it while at the pool its not an issue for me.I run mine set a 2.75 for 11hrs a day when my filter timer kicks in...I too may end up looking into adding a separate timer and running it multiple times a day at full speed as some folks do, less run time and wear on the pump.Its also available at either 110V or 220V which ever suits your set up...

I'm sure you have probably seen this thread already, it has alot of good info in regards to folks using a peristaltic pumps for injection...but if not take a look...http://www.troublefreepool.com/i-ve-defected-to-the-dark-side-new-peristaltic-pump-t29652.html

texasdad said:
A New Stenner pump isnt much more then that. In the future parts will be easier or the Stenner.

When I bought mine I bought an adjustable rate, if I were doing it again I'd buy the fixed rate. It is much louder when running at lower speeds. It is very quite at full speed. I have it on its own timer and it runs 3 times each day for 15 minutes each at full speed. Every two weeks I add bleach to my 15 gallon tank.

Putting the fixed speed on its own timer is a good idea - hadn't thought of that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.