Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Good News/Bad News

1. Back To Top    #1

Good News/Bad News

The good news: my pool is sparkling clear.
    The bad news: Now I can see all the dirt/leaves/junk on the bottom.
    The good news: My leftover baracuda (that I named R2D2) is going to town on cleaning it up.
    The bad news: It's supposed to storm again tomorrow, dumping more junk in the pool.
    10 year old 18x32 inground, vinyl liner 1 year old, 25,000 gallon Grecian, Hayward ST244 Sand Filter, 1hp Hayward pump, Diving board, Side Steps, Koolcrete decking located in middle [s:37hekvij]earth[/s:37hekvij] Georgia.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Good News/Bad News

Quote Originally Posted by Pointyhead
    The good news: my pool is sparkling clear.
    The bad news: Now I can see all the dirt/leaves/junk on the bottom.
    The good news: My leftover baracuda (that I named R2D2) is going to town on cleaning it up.
    The bad news: It's supposed to storm again tomorrow, dumping more junk in the pool.
    Good news: You are on the right forum. If you have read poolschool, you know what to do! If you know you will be getting a lot of debris in your pool, you can always do a preventative dose of chlorine!
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Good News/Bad News

Yep, thanks to this forum, I now have clear water AND the confidence to maintain a pool. I was quite worried when I first started, especially when it took a week for my water to uncloud, but it did. The experts told me not to worry, and that it would take a while. They were right. Testing is simple, only takes a few minutes, and I'm done. Now I"m trying to convince my friends with pools to dump the expensive pool chemicals and go with the BBB method.
    10 year old 18x32 inground, vinyl liner 1 year old, 25,000 gallon Grecian, Hayward ST244 Sand Filter, 1hp Hayward pump, Diving board, Side Steps, Koolcrete decking located in middle [s:37hekvij]earth[/s:37hekvij] Georgia.