Adding 12.5%

ajackson

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
Central Ohio
Hello again, I am very new to this method and today was the first day I was not here in the am to check chlorine level
my K 2006 is not here yet so I did a OTO a few mins ago and it said 0 nada nothing. No yellow at all.
The pool calculator said add 101 oz to bump fc up to 7 so that is what I put in.
I leave for work by 6am and it is very dark and very scary out by the pool that early. I have a hard time reading color scale in the house.
I am considering a SWG for next season to help with my work hours and the fear factor

Do you think the 7 will be sufficient until tomorrow evening ?
Or should I bump up the level more?

I am not sure yet what my cya is because last time pool store checked (more than a week ago) I was at 35
however before switching I was going thru 4 pucks in my auto chlorinator every 2 or 3 days.. (50 lbs in June) Several others on board thought
CYA was probably Much higher.. My K-2006 should be here this week.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Hard to say is 7ppm is enough or not without knowing the CYA and without knowing if something is growing in the water consuming your FC.
A "normal" pool once clear and balanced uses 2-4ppm of FC per day.

The FAS-DPD test in the K-2006 is much more accurate than the OTO test. Once you get the kit, post a full set of results. Until then, just keep adding the FC to keep your OTO test pretty yellow by the time you check it again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.