Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaning Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell-9 without stand

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaning Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell-9 without stand

What is the easiest way to clean the cell if I do not have the stand/adapter? Or am I better ff waiting to clean it until I purchase the adapter? My system is saying to "check cell" is it still working during this time or does it stop creating chlorine?
    15k freeform shotcrete sport pool 3.5-5-4, hayward swimclear c4030, 1.5hp hayward Northstar pump, polaris 280 with hayward booster, hayward turbo cell swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaning Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell-9 without stand

Have you actually checked it and see that it is dirty? The system automatically puts that light on every 3 months (500 hours) or so to remind you to check it ... does not necessarily mean that anything is wrong.

To reset the light, you press and hold the Diagnostic button for 3 seconds.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

When I look in I do not see any noticable buildup or anything. Is there a way to get a better look...both ends that I can see well appear to be plastic.
    15k freeform shotcrete sport pool 3.5-5-4, hayward swimclear c4030, 1.5hp hayward Northstar pump, polaris 280 with hayward booster, hayward turbo cell swg

4. Back To Top    #4

You should be able to see between all the blades, I think the scaling is pretty obvious if you have it.

Sounds like you may just need to reset the light this time.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank You, there is no scaling that I can see between the blades. I will reinstall it and reset the light...thanks again!