Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for a solar cover reel - any good ones

1. Back To Top    #1

Louisville, KY

Looking for a solar cover reel - any good ones

I'm never going to use my solar cover unless I have a cover reel, too big and too much of a pain. Looking around on Amazon there are many. I would have to life it (the reel and cover) up over a hand rail on the deep end and the cover is pretty heavy. Meaning to really get it out of the way I'd have to move it. I see some have wheel casters which would be nice but I'd be concerned about wind.

Thanks in advance.
    18x36 inground vinyl lined, Hayward sand filter and tablet chrolinator, approx 18k gallon

2. Back To Top    #2

Olney, MD

Re: Looking for a solar cover reel - any good ones

I purchased some 8 inch casters so that I could wheel my cover over the diving board in the deep end. No problems with wind, if it is going to be particularly windy, I just put a bungee cord around the middle of the span to secure the cover. I am sure there is some kind of "work around" for the hand rail. Maybe post a pic or diagram of the issue?
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit