I just got an intex saltwater chlorinator and pump.
everything looked fine until today when I got a low salt warning and the chlorine was very low. took sample to pool store and had water tested.
salinity 3.8= 3800ppm should be 3000 ppm
the salinity is actually too high and i"m getting a low salt warning. after inspecint the pump I noticed whte build up on the copper squares and it appears there's a white scale build up on the black plates the precede the copper squares. I"m assuming the scale is causing not allowing proper flow over the sensors with is interfering with the salinity reading. I've added dry acid and shocked the pool, but don't know how to remove the scale from the black plates. I was told at the pool store that these saltwater systems have to practically run all the time to keep the chlorine level up. at any rate, how to I go about getting the scale taken care of inside the chlorinator?