What percentage for intellichlor?

May 3, 2012
I have an intellochlor on a 8000 gallon pool. Been running the pump for 5 hours every day (not including the 5 hours my solar is running and filtering, but bypassing SWG). The cell is running at 70% and FC running around 1.5-2. Should I run the SWG at higher percentage or run the pump longer? Right now the pool turns over about 2x/day.

It does not really matter which method you use, but you do need to either increase the run time or the percentage.

Why not have it generate during solar mode?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thanks for the replies. The solar runs best around 12-14 gpm (gues-timate) and the intellichlor likes about 28-30 gpm or no flow light comes on. If it doesn't matter; i guess I will bump the filter time an hour or so and fine tune with the percentage.

Actually you get better heat transfer to the pool with higher flow rates. Heating more water at a lower temperature is more efficient than less water at a higher temperature.

Just an FYI that may lead you to rethink how you are running things.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Think of it this way ... the cooler you can make the solar panels, the more heat you are adding to the water. How can you make the panels the coolest? By passing as much water through them as you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.