Replacement Cover - Reviews wanted

Jul 5, 2012
Hello,

I'm going to replace my pool cover - webbing failed where rope ran into track - seven year old cover.

I have quotes from

Dura-Life, says it has "virgin PVC resin, BASF Palatinol N plasticizer and no fillers."
Cover-Pools, Vinyl, 16 oz/yard, 23-mil laminated vinyl

Any positive or negative feedback on either cover types?

@coverpools; PB quoted installed cover with no specs and gave me swatch booklet indicating "Vinyl, 16 oz/yard, 23-mil laminated vinyl". Could be that swatch booklet has the correct covers, but outdated specs?

@coverpools;

I have seen many coated fabric operations, mostly single sided on nylon, but also military grade operations. I've also been in plants that produced vinyl roll goods. I used to sell to industrial plants in NorthEast US. Most of my former customers are now empty buildings.

I believe that laminated covers provide the best protection for the scrim fabric due to abrasion, but once water gets to the inside of the lamination, you can compromise the scrim. A coated fabric probably provided better water protection for the scrim, but has less vinyl to protect the scrim from abrasion.

The perfect cover would be a process that runs the scrim through a vinyl dip and then into a two-sided laminator....

It's probable that the pool builder showed you an older version of the swatch booklet. As you most likely saw on the Website, we have added two additional colors and the fabric is thicker.

Here are the specs from our current booklet:

Cover-Pools Quad-core Fabric
Weight: 18 oz. Thickness: 28 mil
Material: PVC Vinyl, laminated over a reinforced polyester mesh for strength and tear resistance
Strength: Exceeds the ASTM F1346-91 minimum standard of 485 lbs. per 4' radius
Rigorously tested: The exclusive formula is the product of 50 years of testing and experience.
Designed for the Pool Cover: UV, mildew, and pool-chemical resistant with superior dimensional stability
Construction: Fabric is attached to webbing and low-stretch rope (70,000+ cyclic loading fatigue life) with double-sewn Dabond bonded polyester thread for durability
The warranty has been increased from 6 years to 7 years prorated limited warranty.

I hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.