CompuPool CPSC 36

ajackson

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
Central Ohio
I have just switched to the bbb method and I am really considering buying a swg for next season. We run from may to sept. I was looking at the circupool but I think for the cost difference I will go with the compupool cpsc36. Our pool is 14,500 gallons.
Does anyone know how many hours this cell life is? I first researched the swimpure plus and saw somewhere it was 10,000.
Is the compupool the same? I know alot of factors determine life of the cell but would I expect to get more years out of one since we only run about 16 weeks a season?
By the way. My pool is finally clear... Thank you all so much.

If you oversize the cell, you can run it at a lower output percentage which will extend the life of the cell. The ratings you researched are probably based on an output of 100%.
As for actual hours. It's hard to say. Each unit and pool are different. I run mine april to October about 8 hours a day at a 40% output during the main swim season ( lower during cooler temps). I'm on my second season with it. So far so good.

For a basic and simple system. Yes. Very pleased.
I get my pool to the correct levels. Biggest think is to adjust your CYA appropriatly. I have to keep my CYA above 60 for the area i'm in, becuase of the sun. But I run it at about 40-50 percent output depending on the weather or swimmer load.
Other than that, I just check the water every couple of days, and normally everything stays pretty well in balance.

It did have its flaws in the beginging, but they took care of it under warranty.
It was reading the salt/temp incorrectly. They sent me a new cell and computer board. I replaced them and things seem to be more accurate (as accurate can be since salt ppm is subjective) I don't use it for the temp since it doesn't have a built in thermometer, so that's usally off. I rely on a pool thermometer for that.

One more thing:
I've had a few posts on it around here, with some search you'll find them.
Also Bobadaclown has a very detailed thread about his which you may find informative. He has the CPSC48

Your CPSC 36 doesn't have a thermometer? Are you sure? My 48 does. You have to hold down the settings button then scroll through. Youll get a temp readout on one of them. I think that button is labled Set or Settings, the one on the left between the up and down arrows.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.