Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CompuPool CPSC 36

1. Back To Top    #1

CompuPool CPSC 36

I have just switched to the bbb method and I am really considering buying a swg for next season. We run from may to sept. I was looking at the circupool but I think for the cost difference I will go with the compupool cpsc36. Our pool is 14,500 gallons.
    Does anyone know how many hours this cell life is? I first researched the swimpure plus and saw somewhere it was 10,000.
    Is the compupool the same? I know alot of factors determine life of the cell but would I expect to get more years out of one since we only run about 16 weeks a season?
    By the way. My pool is finally clear... Thank you all so much.
    14500k inground, vinyl, built in 2007
    Hayward Sand Filter, 1hp Hayward pump, AquaCal electric heat pump
    Taylor K 2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CompuPool CPSC 36

If you oversize the cell, you can run it at a lower output percentage which will extend the life of the cell. The ratings you researched are probably based on an output of 100%.
    As for actual hours. It's hard to say. Each unit and pool are different. I run mine april to October about 8 hours a day at a 40% output during the main swim season ( lower during cooler temps). I'm on my second season with it. So far so good.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info.
    Are you happy with the system?
    14500k inground, vinyl, built in 2007
    Hayward Sand Filter, 1hp Hayward pump, AquaCal electric heat pump
    Taylor K 2006

4. Back To Top    #4

For a basic and simple system. Yes. Very pleased.
    I get my pool to the correct levels. Biggest think is to adjust your CYA appropriatly. I have to keep my CYA above 60 for the area i'm in, becuase of the sun. But I run it at about 40-50 percent output depending on the weather or swimmer load.
    Other than that, I just check the water every couple of days, and normally everything stays pretty well in balance.

It did have its flaws in the beginging, but they took care of it under warranty.
    It was reading the salt/temp incorrectly. They sent me a new cell and computer board. I replaced them and things seem to be more accurate (as accurate can be since salt ppm is subjective) I don't use it for the temp since it doesn't have a built in thermometer, so that's usally off. I rely on a pool thermometer for that.

One more thing:
    I've had a few posts on it around here, with some search you'll find them.
    Also Bobadaclown has a very detailed thread about his which you may find informative. He has the CPSC48
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Your CPSC 36 doesn't have a thermometer? Are you sure? My 48 does. You have to hold down the settings button then scroll through. Youll get a temp readout on one of them. I think that button is labled Set or Settings, the one on the left between the up and down arrows.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

The temperature is caculated. There isn't an actual temperature measurement.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida