Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's the damage cleaner left out of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

What's the damage cleaner left out of pool

Made the mistake of trusting someone else to use my pool this morning. They swam in the pool after removing the pool cleaner, but they didn't replace the cleaner. Came home to find that my pool Aqualink ran the cleaning program just as it was supposed to. Besides the 1,000 gallons of water I just lost from my pool, what else do I need to check? Water was below the skimmer level but I don't know for how long and the pool drain was fully open so I know some what was getting to the pump. Running a 3/4 hp booster on the pool pump and 1 1/2 hp whisperflo pump. I feel like the pool tech told me that the whisperflo had an automatic cut-off so it doesn't burn out the motor.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: What's the damage cleaner left out of pool

Does you motor still run? If yes, you should be fine.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: What's the damage cleaner left out of pool

Since the floor drain was open and if the skimmer had a diverter in it your pump and booster is fine.

Check the pumps for leaks but I don't think you're going to find any.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit