Return Leak

Aug 5, 2012
I have an in-ground fiberglass pool with a leak in the return line of the skimmer. Is there any way of repairing this without tearing up the concrete deck? Do they make some kind of insert that would go in the return line to repair it?

Thanks

It is in the return line from the skimmer. There is no air getting in the pump and I'm still able to vacuum the pool OK but if I run the pump with that line open the earth under the concrete deck begins to cave in. What I've been doing is just running the pump with out the skimmer return and only using the skimmer return to vacuum.

Thanks

Normally a suction side leak won't leak water out when it's running especially when a vacuum is hooked to it. And they almost always create air in the pump basket.

Can you take a pic of the issue you're having.

How are you shutting off the flow from the skimmer?

Yes I am losing water, this is one of the reasons I'm trying to find out if anyone has ever heard of someone making an insert to go into the vacuum line, or do I just need to bust out all the concrete to fix this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.