Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stabilizer Percentage Keeps Falling

1. Back To Top    #1

Los Angeles, CA

Stabilizer Percentage Keeps Falling

Hi Everyone,

I recently switched my pool to an Aquarite Pro SWG with a 40k Cell. My pump runs from 9am till 4pm. The salt level is always right around 3200 +/- 200 and running at 100%. However, my FC keeps dropping as does the CYA percentage. the PH is fine as are all the other numbers more or less.

I thought that CYA doesn't dissipate in the pool water. Why, when my FC is high and I've raised my CYA to 80% am I still not able to maintain both of these numbers? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    18,000 IGP, Pentair VS+SVRS, Pentair 4000 DE, 4x12 Fafco solar panels w/GL-235 controller, Hayward Aqua Rite Pro w/T-Cell 15, Hayward Tiger Shark QC, Guardian pool fence.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Stabilizer Percentage Keeps Falling

By percentage do you actually mean ppm (concentration)?

You are correct, 99.99% of the time cya can only be reduced with water changes.

How are you measuring the cya level?

When you say your FC keeps dropping by how much every day? And from what level?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.