Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy Ya'll

1. Back To Top    #1

Howdy Ya'll

Hey Y'all .

New to the inground pool world

Been swimming for years LOL!

My Girl freind has this pool in her yard inground & it got away from her & the Frogs took over.
    Yes its now a mini swamp!

the "pool Guys" want a lot of money ,I think with some advice from knowledgable people I can pump it out pressure wash it & get it back to up & running.

Them guys said something about ACID washing which takes a layer of I guess grout off?

Muratic acid seems quite caustic ,can bleach & a spray bottle & a scrub brush disinfect it?

I will be heading to her place in a couple of days & would like to arrive with at least a game plan

Thank you very much!

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Howdy Ya'll

Acid washing will dissolve scale.

She may or may not have a lot of scale, you won't know until you see it, which may not be until it's empty if the water is that green.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Howdy Ya'll

Thanks for the reply

Yea its Green have not seen it in a month but there was 1000's of tadpoles & polly wogs in there.

I guess pump it out pressure wash it then I will know more.