Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolsmith CO2 pH: anyone using? Pro's? Con's?

1. Back To Top    #1

Chandler, Arizona

Poolsmith CO2 pH: anyone using? Pro's? Con's?

Anyone have experience with the Poolsmith Organic pH system? I'm using a lot of MA with my SWG pool and I'm looking at pHtek proportional feed system, or the Poolsmith setup. I'm leaning towards Poolsmith even though it's a couple of hundred more.
    The main pro's I see are: change out cylinders only every 3mo+; no need to use acid; more natural; set it and forget it (still plan to test once a week)
    Cons: cylinders are heavy to lug around and get refilled; I'll need to inject using cleaner pump as the Ozone is connected to main pump.
    I have read about TA rising with use of CO2 but after lots of research, this appears to be a common misconception and not really factual.
    Any other pro's/ con's I should consider?
    12,000gal Venetian glass tile. 4 Pentair Whisperflow (2x1HP, 2x1.5Hp), 1xPentair Waterfall pump (1HP), Triton II sand filter, MiniMax NT 400 heater, PC2000 in floor cleaner, Resilience A5 SWG, pHtek automated acid system, Paramount Clear O3 Ozne Generator.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poolsmith CO2 pH: anyone using? Pro's? Con's?

Bump on this message to see if anyone had any thoughts on this.
    I am looking into a PH Solution currently and this was one I came across.
    I am looking for Automated Solution that Probes and Injects as needed, What do you all recommend for Automated PH Solution