Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DIY Cooling Towers

1. Back To Top    #1

DIY Cooling Towers

More than halfway through the second swim season I have officially certified them as legit! Pool water has not risen 1 degree over 85* in the last month even with temps in the 100's temperature is steady! Running the filter at night for 9 hours keeps the temp at 85*! During the daytime temperature rises up into the low 90's. By morning were back down to the low 80's. I see no change in evaporation levels at all! I add about 3"s of water a month. With all the doubters out there (including my neighbors), next time you jump into your HOT pool, take a handful of teabags with you!

40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DIY Cooling Towers

Looks great, and so does your pool

I would expect some uptick in evaporation. How large of a stream are you getting, and is it staying as a stream all the way to the pool?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Linen, the largest hole you can use (I found) is 1/16, that said I leave the spray tubes loose (not glued) so I can twist them up or down depending on how windy it is. I run at night when here in Texas it is way less windy at night. Almost no wind really. I get about 8 feet of air and it pretty much falls back down like rain, in large drops. It falls in a 3'x3' area. If you get under it when running, the water is noticeably colder!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi,

I was searching the forum for coolers and found your post. The pics of your pool is exactly what I want to replicate. Would you be willing to point me to your thread on how you made it and attached them to the return lines?

I'll PM you as well in case this thread doesn't register for you since it's a few years old.

Thanks
    Rick