Autopilot Message: "Clean/Check Cell"

ecelis

Aug 4, 2012
Hi, I am new to this forum, so I hope someone can help me. I have the Pool Pilot Digtal 220, bought several years ago. The cell was relaxed about 2 years ago. Last week I got the red light flashing error "Clean/Check Cell", so I cleaned the cell (it was relatively in good shape, just a little buildup). Today the light and error came back. The chlorine and salt levels are fine.

When running the test program these are the settings/readouts:
Cell Model: SC-36
Power Level=2
Salt=3200 ppm
Temp=85 F
Cell=31V, 3.7A.

I guess the amps are low for this power level. Anything I can do or do I need to have someone service it?

ecelis....I didn't scroll down far enough to see your post...sorry.

Please have your water tested for salinity, to ensure that the power supply is not in need of calibration.
What do the leading edges of the two outer blades look like? They should be straight and level, and not appear as if the edge is eroded. How large is your pool?
The amps and volts are indicating that your salt is very low, cell is scaled or failing, or water temperatures are cold (not possible if you're in the US).

I also have an Pool Pilot DIG-220, and also getting an error message "check clean cell". This with an SC-36 cell that is brand new. The cell power cord is also new. I cleaned the cell just for kicks- no help. I checked the tri-sensor cord for damage and it looked good.
Salt Level 2900
Cell Volts 13
Amps3.5
Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.