It's been a great summer so far . . . but for health reasons (where's my cane?) I had to neglect my pool for three days. Now it has lost it's sparkle - especially in the deep end. Cloudy but not green. There are also brownish marks that aren't stains and brush off easily. I was thinking the dreaded mustard algae but the spots appear in the bright sunshine areas of the pool - shallow and deep end. Pollen from close by pine trees and other trees? I've been vacuuming and brushing and now think it's time to shock - which I've never done - New pool - first season. I just added some bleach and the FC is 5 - it was probably close to 0 because it hadn't been done in a few days.
Here's my test results:
Read in Pool School that I will need to shock to FC 15.
What do I do first? Increase CYA to 35? Do the OCLT? Shock?
I love this forum!