Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rock under liner

1. Back To Top    #1

Rock under liner

The pool is two years old. I can feel two rocks under the liner. One of which seems to be working its way through. Should I cut it, grab the rock, and then patch it? Or should I place a patch over it now and hope for the best?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Altoona, AL

Re: Rock under liner

Our pool is 5 years old and has 3 or 4 tiny rocks under the liner. So far they have not caused any problems. We know where they are and try to avoid them. I personally would not cut a good liner. It probably wouldn't hurt to put a patch over it for extra protection if they are working through.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

3. Back To Top    #3

Newton NC

Re: Rock under liner

We also have a 'rock' in the deep end on the lower end of the slanted wall. I believe it is a piece of the perlite that has chipped off. This is going to take about an 8" round patch. I am getting more concerned about what happens to th perite base when we finally replace this liner. Do they get resurfaced in any way??
    16k 17X33 IG Vinyl(2000), Pentair Intellifo Variable Speed Pump(2006), Hayward Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG w/T9 cell(repl 7/2011), Hayward Natl Gas Heater, TF100 w/magnetic stirrer