Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: PB : What water feature should I get to keep my water cool?

PB : What water feature should I get to keep my water cool?

I live in Texas where's it's hotter than ****!

Thanks in Advance!
    Pool/Spa = 15800 gallons; Depth = 3 X 5 X 4; Pentair 520 SF Cartridge Filter; Pentair 400K BTU Heater; Pebble Surface

Re: PB : What water feature should I get to keep my water co

We do too.. We are in the construction phase.... They have some really great ideas on here (pvc) But........... we are in TX!! It's hot as you know what!! I have the spa spill over, and the grotto waterfall. Not sure if that's going to help much.... but Midlothian (karmann) has a chiller. you need to watch his thread.
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

Re: PB : What water feature should I get to keep my water co

Fountains with a fine spray high in the air provide evaporative cooling and work well. Running solar pannels at night will help excess heat radiate out of the water. Some folks add a chiller or a really large heat pump for cooling. Shading the pool with tree cannopies (cleaning leaves is a downside), or custon shade sails or awnings work well to keep the heat down.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21" round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!