Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ladder legs too short, cross bar sits on pool wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Ladder legs too short, cross bar sits on pool wall

Got the pool setup, chemicals perfect, so figured it was time to go swimming! Put the ladder in, but then noticed at each wall segment i tried, the ladder's crossbar going from the front to back keep sitting on the top of the pool wall, rather than hovering above it. Can i just put pavers under the legs outside the pool to raise it up so the ladder crossbar doesn't sit on the walls? it's just the ladder that comes with the 18x48 intex ultra frame pool.
    Intex 16x48 UltraFrame AGP, included filter pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ladder legs too short, cross bar sits on pool wall

Yep! That works for us. See the thread in my sig, it shows how raising the legs outside tilts the ladder off the pool rail.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Ladder legs too short, cross bar sits on pool wall

Sweet! Thanks!! Off to buy some pavers
    Intex 16x48 UltraFrame AGP, included filter pump