Just refilled my pool with water

Aug 3, 2012
I've just refilled my pool with water; Cya acid had gone up to 300. Just didn't know that the tablets of Cl had it in them. The Pool Supply Store 's water tests didn't spot the problem. (Wondered why the water tasted so bad!)
Did get new test strips. So much easier to read than the old dropper method. Can't wait to totally impliment the BBB method.
Thanks,

JerBearGad

30,000 gal, vinyl IG, 3/4 hp pump, sand

JerBearGad:

Welcome to TFP :wave:

With CYA @ 300 ppm you definitely did the right thing in draining / refilling your pool. :goodjob:

One thing I (and several others on this site) believe in and advise is to get a good drop-based test kit. Most test strips are notoriously inaccurate. See the Test Kit Comparison link in my signature. A good test kit is an investment, not an expense. It will save you $ in the long run by helping you avoid problems.

Check out the Pool School articles and ask any questions you may have.

I checked out the Test Kit Comparison. I bought the test strips 2 days ago. I had decided to get the test strips, because I wasn't satisfied with the drop-based products that I had available to me. Can I assume that the test kits you described in the comparison are available online? The main problem I had with the stips was the short window (15 sec.) to read the tests. If I was slow collecting my data, the colors darkened, giving a different reading.
Thanks again,
JerBearGad

Typically the test kits we recommend can only be found online ... local stores shop not carry the FAS-DPD chlorine test.

Tftestkits.net sells the kits. The TF100 while costing as little more, actually gives the better value for the number of tests you can do with the amount of reagents provided.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I second what jblizzle posted about the proper test kit. I used the strips and the drop kits from Walmart. The test kits recommended on this site far surpass the other methods. With a good test kit in hand, you will feel totally in control of your pool and what goes in your pool!!!!!

Welcome to TFP :wave:

having a swimming pool without the proper test kit is like having a gun without bullets...sure it looks nice but it does nothing for protection. so when the algae comes attacking don't be left without the proper protection (tf100 test kit).......Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.