Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: paint damaged patch of viynl liner - HELP PLEASE

1. Back To Top    #1

paint damaged patch of viynl liner - HELP PLEASE

in desperate need of an experts advice, i just messed up the pattern (approx 4 x 6 inches) on my 1 yr old vinyl pool liner
    i was using some xylene to remove some excess concrete sealer when it happened
    in a panic i tried to wipe it off which turned the vertical drip into a large patch of missing liner pattern
    it is a full pattern liner in a blue pebble stone look
    as you can imagine i am devastated!
    is there paint available that i can use to try and re-draw the patten as best as possible?
    are there any other solutions other than a liner replacement?
    please help
    thanks
    24,000 gal, 18 x 36 irregular shape vinyl in-ground, Hayward 250,000 btu heater, Hayward 1/2 hp tristar pump (SP3205EE),Aquarite 40,000 gal SWG, Hayward 425 sqft cartridge filter, waterfall, stamped colored concrete with cantilever coping , tiger shark robotic cleaner, http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ie-t33229.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: paint damaged patch of viynl liner - HELP PLEASE

Do you have the pieces cut out for your skimmer or stairs? You could glue those over the damaged are.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

With that new of a pool, your builder ought to be able to get you a piece of material that you can glue over the offending spot.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

4. Back To Top    #4

unfortunately i dont have any cut off pieces, but should be available from the pool builder
    the liner is a random full pattern of shades of blue pebble stones
    this is my first pool and i'm looking for the best ascetic appearance to fix my mistake
    how do patches normally turn out? are they quite noticeable afterwards?
    if there such a thing as repainting the pattern?
    i was thinking it might be less noticeable than seams from a patch
    have no experience with this so any help is greatly appreciated
    24,000 gal, 18 x 36 irregular shape vinyl in-ground, Hayward 250,000 btu heater, Hayward 1/2 hp tristar pump (SP3205EE),Aquarite 40,000 gal SWG, Hayward 425 sqft cartridge filter, waterfall, stamped colored concrete with cantilever coping , tiger shark robotic cleaner, http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ie-t33229.html

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by jcg1545
    unfortunately i dont have any cut off pieces, but should be available from the pool builder
    the liner is a random full pattern of shades of blue pebble stones
    this is my first pool and i'm looking for the best ascetic appearance to fix my mistake
    how do patches normally turn out? are they quite noticeable afterwards?
    if there such a thing as repainting the pattern?
    i was thinking it might be less noticeable than seams from a patch
    have no experience with this so any help is greatly appreciated
    If you're careful, you ought to be able to glue a piece onto the existing liner, and have the result indistinguishable from what's there.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

6. Back To Top    #6

ok, will find a professional to do it, dont want to make another mistake
    have attached an image of the liner patter if it makes any difference on how to repair it
    will attach a pic of the damaged area once it stops raining
    thanks for the help
    all other suggestions are also welcomed
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Back To Top    #7

We were in need of some patch that matched our liner recently. We went to our local pool store and asked if they had any old sample pieces...........the manager let us have 2 pieces for free.

8. Back To Top    #8

spoke to pool builder and he is coming next week to see what they can do
    at this point, i feel so bad, free doesn't matter
    thanks for the though