Backwash hose question

JulieS

Jun 17, 2012
Michigan
I have a new Intex sand filter pump that I am SO happy with!! My pool has never been clearer or had this much sparkle to it! However, I need to buy my own backwash hose, and can't seem to find one with good reviews. From what I've read, I need a 2" hose, and for my drainage, about 50' long. I have a threaded fitting, however I have just been using a pipe clamp and it has been working fine (I have been borrowing one from a friend). Can someone recommend a good sturdy hose for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance!!
~Julie

I haven't noticed a lot of variety in backwash hoses, I usually just pick up whatever the pool store has. Mine stays out in the sun most of the time and has not failed in 5 years. Walmart and some of the hardware stores also carry backwash hoses.

I use one of these:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... Bwcno73Arg

The output of my DE filter has a 2" threaded pipe, so I purchased fittings from HD that I could splice onto the end of the hose with a pipe clamp, and with a female threaded end. When it is time to backwash, I unroll, screw onto the end, and run the end of the hose to a part of the yard that needs some water. I then turn on the pump for a couple of minutes in backwash mode. Then I return to normal and pump for a minute, and repeat this 2-3 times until the pressure is around 10 psi. Then I add new DE or cellulose. Works great!

Thanks! I've been looking online since I cannot find one in any local store, and the reviews are just awful. Talking of splitting and holes after just a couple uses. I'm not rich, and don't want to spend more than necessary for a hose, however I would spend the money again for the sand filter, and would recommend that to ANYONE! Intex should just include the backwash hose,,,

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.