Day after day and week after week I getting scale popping up all over the pool. Sometimes it's in the form of little white dots, other times it looks almost like an icicle dripping down the wall. It seems to be mostly confined to the top few feet of water, but sometimes appears deeper down.
- Saltwater pool, gunnite finish
- This is the second year that it's been opened.
- When the pool was opened this spring, I had a massive scale problem which I beat back with two no-drain acid washes
- The first year it was opened, there was no scale issue at all
- for the two years it's been opened I've been fighting the raising pH by using nearly a gallon of muriatic acid a week
Here are my latest numbers:
PH 7.2 (it was around 8 before adding acid)
T/A 60 (I finally got it down from around 210 early this year)
Is my high CH a factor here?
Is the scale just a side effect of the young pool still curing or is something more sinister going on?
Also, should I start using scale inhibitor or some other type of treatment?