Newly installed Intellibrite controller problems...

coreyoreo

LifeTime Supporter
Hello, everyone.

I have an older pentair intellibrite LED pool light, 120V, w/ integrated 12v transformer.

Up until tonight, I was using the on/off switch to change colors & patterns, but I've just installed a "new" controller, (#600054) purchased off an auction site & the light now won't change from white, or go to any patterns, the & there seems to be something shorting out inside the controller itself.

The green light flickers, sometimes the light simply goes off, but will come back on if pushed again, no rhyme or reason.

It arrived brand new, in a box, did not look used at all, no reason to believe the controller was defective.

Was I taken by this seller? Or is there something I'm doing wrong w/ the wiring? Or did I just get a bad controller?

I also re-installed the old switch just to see if the light itself was bad & it was not. It worked fine w/ the toggle switch.

If there's already an integrated 12v transformer, I shouldn't need another stepdown transformer, should I?

Thanks for any help...

Corey

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.