Is this normal?(video)

marty

Jul 10, 2012
CA
So I have a cloudy pool, everything is balanced, no phosphate etc. previous owner said had the sand replaced abaout a year ago.I backwash till clear about every 2-3 weeks we havent been in pool in a while and there are zero trees around.Has a slide valve :grrrr: (cant vaccume to waste)
The bleeder valvle works but the gauge reads zero, going to replace tomorrow.
Shop says "you need a new filter" canot afford it right now.
Some posts here say a too big pump can blow sand into pool,around 37,000 gal no spa. Is this pump too big? we have solar and a auto sweep and 2 skimmers, but i think the booster helps some of those.

Should i add "sink n sweep" and then turn main drain off to get more suction from skimmer, then vaccume then back wash. if it clears up and then gets cloudy i'll know its the filter??? a broken latteral?

The main and 2 skimmers are 50-50 but i noticed weak suction, theres 2 return lines one is good flow but the other has nothing(i think its a return)

Any ideas on how to clear it up? thanks everyone!!! :)

ps.. in video of pool, All thoses bubbles happen when i start filter, go away after a min. is this normal?
[youtube:11jgbu69]usFwFcJPeBg[/youtube:11jgbu69]
[youtube:11jgbu69]e54YcRcA4mg[/youtube:11jgbu69]

Attachments

• IMG_20120802_113211.jpg
    IMG_20120802_113211.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_20120802_112402.jpg
    IMG_20120802_112402.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 143
I forgot, previous owner drained 95% of water, said he had an algae problem.

Shot this vid by steps underwater, thats sand right?(the dark spots at left are stains)

[youtube:2i4x8val]PKs0bGl_cAM[/youtube:2i4x8val]

Post up a full set of test results and we can try to figure out what is going on with the cloudy water ... we like data.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Here it goes. cl2.8 ph7.3 ch180 ta100 phosphates none cya50 leslie's said that i might have to much cya because of tablets, i only put them in because they said i should.lol should i just use the grainular form in a skimmer sock? I add 1 gallon of cl a week, backwash around 3weeks or when alot of bubbles start to come out returns. 30,000gal solar zero trees around. filter psi around 28 no spa or water features
I tryed the hose through the pump outlet, water on the pipe unions, replaced pump cover gasket lubricated.

A freind said i should try using sink n sweep(thats flock right???) keep pump off a day and there should be crud on bottom then vacuum out, the problem is i dont have a waste option on my slide valve so wouldn't crud just get stuck in filter?
I thought about plumbing a valve after pump before the slide valve so i can bypass filter.

We just want to be able to swim at least once this summer,lol.

Guys i really appreciate your help!

Bubbles out the return point to a suction side leak. Do you have a vent on the filter to confirm air is building up in the filter ?

Some of the flock products turn into a mess that you do not want in the filter.

If your test results are accurate (hard to believe if they came from the pool store), your CYA is fine, but you need to maintain higher levels of FC. Review the info in Pool School and follow the shock process.

Btw, you should backwash when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure.

Sounds good, ive been reading the pool school and the shock process. Went you say vent do you mean the bleeder on top connected to the gauge? yea there one there. So hypothetically if i had an waste option, you would recommend flock?

Should i open 2piece filter before i shock? check laterals? can i reuse sand?(sand is a year old)fill sand should be to top of bottom half right? and should i throw some de on top?

THANK YOU!

I would still not recommend flock ... that is a last resort ... after the shock process is almost done.

Would not hurt to open up the filter and slowly run a house through it until the water spilling over is mostly clear.

No idea how much sand you need.

DE through the skimmer may help if it is still allow clearing up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.