Hello,

here my actual number

FC 32
cc 0
ph 8
cya 35
ta 85
cal 260

after 3 years of following tfp advice and being trouble free my pool turn to a green pool of death recently ( refering to the blue screen of death we all know)

last week i uncover the pool after 1 week and it was emerald green. my reading was then FC 4.5 with no CC, unfortunatly i didn't take the ph reading at that time so i dont know. i panic seeing the green swamp and shock it immediatly after the FC reading.

my problem is that my PH read 8 constantly no matter how much acid i put in. ( i did stop at 4 liter in a week of muriatic acid at 31%)

for the last week i shock the pool at FC 15-16 with no result, still a green swamp. then this morning i try to nuke it, and raise it to 32 and put the SWG to full speed to kept the FC high. there is little improvement but im not convincing result. there is a brownish dust in the bottom i vacuum every 2 day. i brush the pool everyday.

my gunite pool is a 85000 liter (liter because im french canadian). i wonder how, with my chlorine at 4.5, it has still turn green. ( with my swg the FC is pretty stable all the time) i suspect my PH to have rised to much and put chlorine in no effect mode.

my question are with high chlorine , how inprecise is the PH reading, badly or lightly? why with my pool water almost turn to bleach there is still algae? how inefective is chlorine at high PH, can that be the cause of having so much pain to kill algea?

i have run the pump all time since one week with SWG maintaining shock level all week.

thank in advance for your precious advice

Sandrin

my question are with high chlorine , how inprecise is the PH reading, badly or lightly? why with my pool water almost turn to bleach there is still algae? how inefective is chlorine at high PH, can that be the cause of having so much pain to kill algea?

1. PH reading will be quite high in the presence of chlorine....the more chlorine, the further off the reading. There is really not much point in you testing for pH until your chlorine comes down to 10ppm or less.

2. The high pH has little to do with your algae issue....the chlorine is still effective enough to kill it.

3. I have no idea how you got algae or how you continue to have it. The numbers you post are not indicative of an algae problem and i have no answer.

duraleigh said:

1. PH reading will be quite high in the presence of chlorine....the more chlorine, the further off the reading. There is really not much point in you testing for pH until your chlorine comes down to 10ppm or less.

2. The high pH has little to do with your algae issue....the chlorine is still effective enough to kill it.

3. I have no idea how you got algae or how you continue to have it. The numbers you post are not indicative of an algae problem and i have no answer.

You have no answer?...duraleigh your account has been hacked......lol

Well, I suggest the first thing is to get the pH under control. Allow the FC to drop below 10 and adjust/test pH until it gets to 7.4ish. Do this before resuming the shock process.

Algae can start forming if the FC drops below the recommended minimum. This can happen at any time if the FC is not closely monitored. A pool party, for instance, can easily use up existing FC and create a demand.

What is your fill water source? Well or municipal? Has it been tested for metals?

Is the paint still in good condition? How old is the paint?

Yes, a pic would help.

I finnally get rid of algea. Il had thé fc around 22-25 ppm for 2 or 3 days and now it's milky. Tonight im gonna do thé overnight test . Right now i try to accelerate the cleaning process by adding DE to the skimmer, i didn't see the improvment yet, but the filter pressure rise to BW level within 2 hours. Im thinking of using a clarifier to clean the pool, any advise about this?

To answer some question, the paint is 3 years old but is in a relatively good condition.

The algea bloom happen after the pool was unused for a week with thesolar cover on it. When i uncover the pool the fc was 4.5 with a minimum recommended of 2 for a swg at my cya. My be it's a new strain of geneticly modified algea that resist chlorine...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.