Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Goldline P-4 Question

Goldline P-4 Question

Can Valve 3 be cut on manually? Need to cut water fall on & off.
    IG: 11' x 26' Fiberglass (6,700 Gallons), Hayward 1 HP 2 Speed Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, P4 Aqua Logic Controller, T-15 Salt Cell. TF-100 Test Kit

Re: Goldline P-4 Question

You should be able to toggle the valve with a button if you have it programmed that way.

Not exactly sure what you are asking.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, Dolphin Diagnostic Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Gone: Hayward RS1500 pump, undersized DIY solar heater, Dolphin Dynamic Robotic Cleaner
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

As JB said. You should be able to just push the "Valve 3" button to toggle it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

I only buttons for pool/spa: Lights: Filter: Aux1: Aux 2:
    IG: 11' x 26' Fiberglass (6,700 Gallons), Hayward 1 HP 2 Speed Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, P4 Aqua Logic Controller, T-15 Salt Cell. TF-100 Test Kit

Post a pic of your unit.
    It's apparently a different unit than I was thinking about.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.

These systems are confusing to program (I have been reading about them a lot).
    Looking at the manual: http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals ... ration.pdf

It does not look like manual operation of Valve 3 is possible. From page 13:
    This menu will appear only if Valve3 is configured for timeclock. The valve will rotate on and off at the
    designated times. There is no manual override. If the Valve3 relay is on during the programmed off
    time, it may be because of freeze protection.
    There is also a discussion on page 21 that discusses Valve 3 and mentions a Valve 3 button, but I do not think it exists in your model:
    the valve turns on/off at the times set for the valve3 timeclock in the Timers
    Menu (see Operations Manual). The VALVE3 button can also be used to turn the valve output on or
    off.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, Dolphin Diagnostic Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Gone: Hayward RS1500 pump, undersized DIY solar heater, Dolphin Dynamic Robotic Cleaner

Mine is a Aqua Logic may be different than Pro logic. I don't think I have a manual button.

Thanks for the help

AquaLogic is the predecessor to the ProLogic ... The P4 are the same thing, just a different name.

I have the AquaLogic manual as well and it says the same thing (pages 13 and 19).

I have been debating getting the P4 vs the PS4 ... I think this issue alone confirms that I do not want the P4 if I can not manually activate Valve 3 for my waterfall. Althoug you could likely use the Pool/Spa button to activate it if you only have a pool and run the waterfall off of valve 1 or 2 (which are slaved together BTW).
    Jason, TFP Moderator

How to cut actuator on;

I have a pro logic P4 controlled. I have installed a goldline actuator in the line that goes to my water fall. I plugged it into the valve socket inside the control box> I can not figure out how to cut it on. I Do Not Have A Button For Valve 3:

Re: How to cut actuator on;

Didn't we discuss this already in your previous thread? You apparently can not turn on valve 3 manually.

--- I merged the threads to continuity ---
    Jason, TFP Moderator

As stated above, I think you can only set times for the valve to turn on and off. You could flip the little switch on the actuator to make it turn ... but if you have to do that, there is really no point in having an actuator since you could just turn the valve yourself.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

Senior Member In the Industry

Are both of your Aux1 and 2 being used?
    If not you can set the valve 3 to external input, then run two wires from open aux relay to external input.
    And now you have control of it.
    Yes I know, I am a genius.

aux 1 is open

Senior Member In the Industry

Then you are set.
    Any questions?