new Intex Pool Owner

Jul 14, 2012
Hi,

This is my first post, but have been lurking for a while now :) We have the intex 22x52 ultraframe pool. It came with 2,500 gallon filter pump, and holds 10,472 gallons of water @ 90% capacity. It will be completely filled by tomorrow morning. I wanted to start with the BBB method, but am not sure where to start. Can anyone let me know what I need to do first...? Thanks alot.

Hi, welcome to TFP! You will need to put some CYA and chlorine in the pool right away. You can use the pool calculator to see how much you will need for your pool. A good test kit is essential. Look for a FAS/DPD test kit such as theTF100. Once you run a complete set of tests and post the results we will be able to tell you if anything else needs attention.

Read pool school (link in upper right of page) and get a good test kit, that's where you need to start.
You can't manage the water without a good test kit and you can't fix problems without a good test kit.

Welcome to TFP.

Start by adding 2 quarts a day of bleach until you get some CYA in the pool. That will keep anything from starting while you're getting things balanced.

3 lbs of CYA will get you to 36 ppm. I'd start there. Hang it in a sock on front of a running return.

Just tested the pool. I have the 3 way test from Walmart. Results are CL 5.0 and pH 6.8. I have the intex 22x52 ultraframe pool. Pool water is looking a little green...What am I needing to add to get the pH back up? I've read pool school and still am a bit confused. I plan to purchase the better test kit that's recommended, just can't get it right now.

Thanks for helping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.