Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Proud TFP Pool Owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Proud TFP Pool Owner

So, we're just past the 5 week mark with our pool and it couldn't be easier! I resisted the pool for a couple years because of all the "work" and "money" it was going to cost to maintain it. We have this site to thank for my willingness to take the plunge!

Had guests over to swim and the kids remarked on how clean the pool was Of course, they compared it to a friends where you couldn't see the bottom and when you dived things moved out of the way on the bottom... ack! I only wish I got these compliments on the inside, I need a BBB formula for indoor home care!

We had a beautiful full moon the other night and hubby and I were out for an evening dip -- amazing how much more conversation can be had in the dark pool than with the kids running around Did you know a BBB pool sparkles in the moon light? Granted, it was a full moon but I was seriously mesmerized by the little lights dancing on the floor of my pool!!

Thanks TFP!
    Vogue Vectra 30' Round (21,200 gallons), Waterway 2HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter - TF100 -- Southern IL - Install 06/2012
    Last minute upgrade from 27' due to error in dealer inventory *yikes*

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Proud TFP Pool Owner

Great story thanks for sharing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

And the best part is you're doing it yourself without the help of the "experts" at the pool store
    18 x 48 Intex Ultra Frame
    2500 gph cartridge filter
    Intex SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by BethyM
    Of course, they compared it to a friends where you couldn't see the bottom and when you dived things moved out of the way on the bottom... ack! I only wish I got these compliments on the inside, I need a BBB formula for indoor home care!

We had a beautiful full moon the other night and hubby and I were out for an evening dip -- amazing how much more conversation can be had in the dark pool than with the kids running around Did you know a BBB pool sparkles in the moon light? Granted, it was a full moon but I was seriously mesmerized by the little lights dancing on the floor of my pool!!
    Ah oh, from what I hear on TFP, the first paragraph is the beginning of sparklypoolitis. Not wanting to go into others cloudy pools. So...where's the pictures?
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)

5. Back To Top    #5

OH, I definitely have sparklypoolitis!! We went to a water park for a family birthday and I stood on the side most of the time staring at the water in disbelief

Here's an early July picture, though I need to get some new ones that highlight the sparkly water! I just wish I could capture a great shot like NikkiBelle did -- though I definitely lucked out finding this method prior to getting the pool!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vogue Vectra 30' Round (21,200 gallons), Waterway 2HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter - TF100 -- Southern IL - Install 06/2012
    Last minute upgrade from 27' due to error in dealer inventory *yikes*

6. Back To Top    #6

I like your fountain.
    Mike
    2007 1st full year with AG pool~15k gallons 18'x33' JW
    6/2010 added 2 button Intex SWG-painless except for when reset
    Switched to BBB from Baquacil (couldn't pay me to go back)