Aquapure Error Code J6

Aug 2, 2012
Help! This is my second (and probably last) unit, and have had nothing but problems. Frequently get GENERAL FAULT CHECK AQUAPURE on the remote, and J6 is showing on the panel. Cleaned the cell, but makes no difference. Any ideas? I'm considering chucking this and just going with chlorine - cost me $95.00 every service call - last time they said it just needed cleaned.

Thanks

I have searched the Aquapure manuals and I could not find a J6 error code but did find a Jb error code and it states that the RS is controlling the AquaPure and "boost" is active. I could not find the GENERAL FAULT CHECK AQUAPURE error message either. Do you have any other messages on the panel such as flow problems and how old is this system?

What model numbers do you have for your system? Maybe someone else will now what's happening will see this.

ping said:
I have searched the Aquapure manuals and I could not find a J6 error code but did find a Jb error code and it states that the RS is controlling the AquaPure and "boost" is active. I could not find the GENERAL FAULT CHECK AQUAPURE error message either. Do you have any other messages on the panel such as flow problems and how old is this system?

What model numbers do you have for your system? Maybe someone else will now what's happening will see this.

This is my second unit installed January 2011. The panel also says 'FLOW'.

I do know Jandy has had many problems with their sensor lately and mine has failed twice in less than 2 years. My error message was "FLOW" and they had to replace the sensor both times. I'm lucky in the fact that my warranty is good for 3 years, new pool build, but I feel for those that only have a one year warranty and these $200 sensors are failing left and right. Jandy needs to start replacing these sensors free of charge as it is a design flaw in my opinion. The sensors should be lasting the length of the cell. If your problem is the sensor and Jandy will not replace it, I would toss the Aquapure and go with liquid chlorine or another brand of SWG. Ever since Jandy went to the 3-port cell, they have had nothing but problems with the sensor.

Have you check your salinity level? With those codes you are having either salinity issues, front board problems, and/or the sensor is bad. For now, bring your FC level up with liquid, SWG's have a hard time raising chlorine levels up from zero. They are more ideal to keep a steady FC level once you have it established.

This is not the correct error codes since J6 does not exist. It is a Jb (lower case B) stating that the unit is being controlled by the Aqualink RS unit and that you have the chlorinator in "Boost" mode. Your unit is working fine.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 53
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.